Mar 2, 2014

Runaway

RunawayRunaway by Alice Munro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first ever book of Munro. I have to say that her writing is very beautiful. She can paint a vivid picture in my head with her words.

So most people would give this book a 4-5 stars review, but I give this book a 3/5 stars. It is not that the quality of her work disturbs me or anything (or the fact that all stories take place in Canada), I just kinda feel... too much description. I am not a fan of short stories. In fact, this year I start reading as many short stories as I can because my lecturer told me to. And by far, Munro's stories are the longest short stories I have ever read. It could get boring, sometimes, with the whole description thing.

Another thing that disturbs me is about how three of eight stories in this book centers around Juliet. I don't know why, probably because that is not my idea about short stories in a book? Idk I'm very new at this. Nonetheless, she excels in writing good stories (the plot).

My favorite stories would be Passion and Tricks.

View all my reviews

No comments: